Skip to main content

Bug Tracker

Side navigation

#3856 closed bug (invalid)

Opened January 15, 2009 01:19AM UTC

Closed February 15, 2009 06:06PM UTC

getJSON doesn't work or eval the response correctly for "application/json" content type

Reported by: CVertex Owned by: flesler
Priority: critical Milestone: 1.3.1
Component: ajax Version: 1.3
Keywords: json application ajax Cc: CVertex, scrollup
Blocked by: Blocking:

this was working fine in 1.2.6. Not sure if it's a change in jquery behaviour or tis a bug.

IN v1.3, getJSON doesn't work or eval the response for "application/json" content type, or any content type for that matter I've tried so far. I'll try a few more.

The upgrade was going so well too :(

live event binding rocks!!

Attachments (0)
Change History (7)

Changed January 15, 2009 01:55PM UTC by john comment:1

owner: → john
version: → 1.3

Changed January 15, 2009 02:22PM UTC by john comment:2

owner: johnflesler

Ariel, can you check in to this? I think this behavior may have changed.

Changed January 18, 2009 05:00PM UTC by scrollup comment:3

i got the same problem here. When i try to reduce the problem, adding only jquery-1.3.js and leaving ui and other stuff, getJSON does the callback function. As soon as i add all other plugins getJSON never calls.

With the 1.2.6 it works in any combination. So i guess it is some of the plugins.

Changed January 18, 2009 07:08PM UTC by flesler comment:4

cc: → CVertex, scrollup
need: ReviewTest Case
status: newassigned

CVertex and/or scrollup

Can you provide a test case ? a small html which reproduces the problem. Don't use external includes, just this link for jquery.

Changed January 18, 2009 09:11PM UTC by scrollup comment:5

any small testsuite work smoothly no difference - i can't reproduce the bug in a small environement. It must be a mistake in my code.

i compared jquery1.2.3 against jquery1.3

Changed January 20, 2009 09:06AM UTC by CVertex comment:6

I spent a bit of time today looking at this again. The problem I was witnessing was my erroneous code.

getJSON works fine in a normal context for me w/ 1.3.

My problem was switching to the new live event binding which requires event handlers return false. The switch from a event listening plugin to the new live function required I changed which combination of my nested functions needed to return false. The high level of closure nesting was originally difficult for me to trace I think.

Changed February 15, 2009 06:06PM UTC by dmethvin comment:7

resolution: → invalid
status: assignedclosed