Bug Tracker

Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#3649 closed bug (fixed)

Can't set tabindex using attr() in IE - patch supplied

Reported by: jollytoad Owned by: flesler
Priority: minor Milestone: 1.3
Component: core Version: 1.2.6
Keywords: tabindex attr Cc: jollytoad
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

IE only allows the tabindex to be set with the tabIndex property, so .attr('tabindex', ...) does not work. I've added it to jQuery.props list and it works in IE, FF, Opera, and Chrome. Safari doesn't seems to respond to tabindex like any other browser anyway! Anyway, test case and patch attached.

Attachments (4)

tabindex.html (464 bytes) - added by jollytoad 12 years ago.
Test page
tabindex-jquery.patch (323 bytes) - added by jollytoad 12 years ago.
Patch for core,js against SVN rev 5949
tabindex.patch (4.4 KB) - added by scottgonzalez 12 years ago.
tabindex.2.patch (5.8 KB) - added by scottgonzalez 12 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

Changed 12 years ago by jollytoad

Attachment: tabindex.html added

Test page

Changed 12 years ago by jollytoad

Attachment: tabindex-jquery.patch added

Patch for core,js against SVN rev 5949

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by flesler

Cc: jollytoad added
Owner: set to flesler
Status: newassigned

That's odd. I thought I added tabIndex to $.props. I'll add it asap.

It's odd that it still doesn't work on Safari. Does it work properly if you use the expando directly ?

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by scott.gonzal

The tabindex problem is actually larger than just capitalization. There's a related ticket in jQuery UI that covers all of the problems. There are plenty of links to additional resources in that ticket as well (some of the topics aren't relevant to core). You can see the current progress in the tabbable branch. We'll update this ticket when we finalize our proxy of $.attr.

Changed 12 years ago by scottgonzalez

Attachment: tabindex.patch added

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by scott.gonzal

Added a patch with tests that makes getting and setting tabindex work in all browsers.

Changed 12 years ago by scottgonzalez

Attachment: tabindex.2.patch added

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by scott.gonzal

New patch adds comments and fixes selector tests.

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by john

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Fixed in SVN rev [6043].

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.