Interesting Click Event catching on "Selectables"
|Reported by:||jwise||Owned by:||codesquare|
What I was doing: I was browsing through your new UI library testing out all the new features and thinking about using them to replace my current implementation of prototype with script.aculo.us.
What happened: When using the Selectables Demo I ran into a problem. It wouldn't capture selection events starting outside of the selectable items. Normally I would think users would start a selection box outside of an item and then enclose that item and any others as they drag. I also noticed it wouldn't select an item when simply clicked (without a selection box). I read your documentation and noticed that this was the desired behavior, but I would recommend changing it to support a simple click.
1) Capture the click-selection events at a higher level in the click hierarchy possibly as high as the document level and then drill down to see what is being selected, or alternatively:
2) Create some type of buffer around the ul tags so that the clicking space will have a larger top and bottom area to start the selection event from. This could create issues with the selectable area taking up too much space in some designs, so it would need to be optional.
What I'm using (the issue occurred on all of these browsers): Mozilla Firefox 184.108.40.206 (with a couple add-ons), IE 7.0.5730.11, Opera 9.23, and Safari 3.0.3 (522.15.5) on Windows XP Pro
Change History (4)
comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by rworth
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Type changed from enhancement to bug
comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by paul
- Owner changed from rworth to codesquare
- Status changed from assigned to new