Bug Tracker

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#14371 closed bug (invalid)

Framesets and memory not released.

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: anonymous
Priority: undecided Milestone: None
Component: unfiled Version: 1.9.0
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

This issue has been reported before: see bugs #9924 and #8863.

TIE Version 9.0.8112.16421 Update Versions 9.019 (KB2862772)

The following html pages -- which I'm sure you've seen before -- will illustrate this problem:

The first, top.html, contains a frameset with two frames.

<html>
	<head>
		<title>top.html</title>
	</head>
	<frameset framespacing="0" border="false" frameborder="0" rows="64,250">
	<frame name="header" scrolling="no" noresize target="main" src="frame1.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
	<frame name="main" src="frame2.html" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" noresize>
		<noframes>
			<body>
				<p>This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.</p>
			</body>
		</noframes>
	</frameset>
</html>

The second, frame1.html, contains an anchor href to frame2.html targeting the second frame. It serves as a refresh.

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<a href="frame2.html" target="main">Refresh</a>
<body>
</html>

The third, frame2.html, has <script src="ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script> in its head, and the body simply has the text, “This is the page that has jquery.”

<html>
<head>
 <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
This is the page that has jquery.
<body>
</html>

Using sIEve or Windows resource monitor, memory is shown not to be released when the link in frame1.html is clicked and frame2.html is refreshed. Roughly 1328 KB memory is consumed and not released. Memory is only released when the top.html is refreshed, negating the purpose of framesets.

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by anonymous

Internet Explorer seems to be the only browser with this issue. (Firefox and Chrome release memory nicely.) Unfortunately, it's not possible for us to use other browsers. Perhaps Microsoft can provide some guidance on using their non-standard APIs.

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by anonymous

Same problem is observed in jquery version 1.10.2: <script src="ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by timmywil

Owner: set to anonymous
Status: newpending

Please try testing with 1.x:

http://code.jquery.com/jquery-git.js

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by trac-o-bot

Resolution: invalid
Status: pendingclosed

Because we get so many tickets, we often need to return them to the initial reporter for more information. If that person does not reply within 14 days, the ticket will automatically be closed, and that has happened in this case. If you still are interested in pursuing this issue, feel free to add a comment with the requested information and we will be happy to reopen the ticket if it is still valid. Thanks!

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by sdong

JQuery: 1.10.1

IE: 8.0.6001(Company Distribution)

we have the same problem with IE 8. I tried the jquery-git.js and the memory is not released.

Firefox is working fine.

I hope, this issue would be reopened.

comment:6 in reply to:  4 Changed 6 years ago by sdong

Replying to trac-o-bot:

Because we get so many tickets, we often need to return them to the initial reporter for more information. If that person does not reply within 14 days, the ticket will automatically be closed, and that has happened in this case. If you still are interested in pursuing this issue, feel free to add a comment with the requested information and we will be happy to reopen the ticket if it is still valid. Thanks!

Hello, can you reopened it?

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

@sdong, you are testing with old versions. Please try testing with our current pre-release, as asked in comment 3: http://code.jquery.com/jquery-git.js

comment:8 in reply to:  7 Changed 6 years ago by sdong

Replying to dmethvin:

@sdong, you are testing with old versions. Please try testing with our current pre-release, as asked in comment 3: http://code.jquery.com/jquery-git.js

I tested with the Pre-release Version(v1.11.0-pre). Same problem.

++++++++++++++++++++++

News:

we are also including the Jquery UI 1.10.3 for use and this is the problem! I tested with several combinations of the versions and found this results:

Jquery-Version 1.10.1 with UI-Version 1.10.3 made +9kb per refresh

Jquery-Version 1.11.0-Pre with UI-Version 1.10.3 made +14kb per refresh

Jquery-Version 1.10.1 with UI-Version 1.8.12 made +2kb per refresh

Jquery-Version 1.11.0-Pre with UI-Version 1.8.12 WORKS!!!

Last edited 6 years ago by sdong (previous) (diff)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.