Skip to main content

Bug Tracker

Side navigation

#13884 closed bug (notabug)

Opened May 11, 2013 12:52PM UTC

Closed May 11, 2013 01:31PM UTC

Last modified May 22, 2013 09:15PM UTC

AJAX Cross Domain Request Fails in Windows Phone 8 App

Reported by: Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone: None
Component: unfiled Version: 2.0.0
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:


I used this jquery.2.0.0.js version. With this i am doing a cross domain request with This works fine with chrome browser but not working with windows phone 8 app.

For more information, kindly refer this thread

Attachments (0)
Change History (3)

Changed May 11, 2013 01:31PM UTC by dmethvin comment:1

resolution: → notabug
status: newclosed

This isn't a bug report. It seems like the answer may be in the first few results here:

Changed May 19, 2013 01:02PM UTC by anonymous comment:2

Hi, I just got some trouble with Windows Phone 8 and jQuery 2.0, too. I do an ajax request within a Apache Cordova app to a local (!) json file:

$.ajax('js/lang.json', {

dataType: 'json',

isLocal: true,

success: function(data) { ... }


Always got an "access denied" error. Driving me crazy because I knew that it was working some weeks ago. Now changed just the jQuery version from 2.0.0 back to 1.9.1 and it works. Changed it to 2.0.0 and it fails again.

Changed May 22, 2013 09:15PM UTC by dmethvin comment:3

If someone can provide specifics we can reopen.