Skip to main content

Bug Tracker

Side navigation

#13613 closed bug (invalid)

Opened March 15, 2013 11:36AM UTC

Closed April 09, 2013 09:08AM UTC

Last modified April 09, 2013 06:49PM UTC

jQuery ajax behaviour change

Reported by: Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone: None
Component: unfiled Version: 1.9.1
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

I've tried to upgrade to jquery 1.9.1 from jquery 1.8.3 and found that communication with our devices wasn't working anymore:

while (up to version 1.8.3) parameter 1 for the dataFilter() function was an xml document, in version 1.9.1 it is the string that will result in an xml document when parsed.

After a bit of debugging it seems that the function ajaxConvert() calls the user-supplied dataFilter() before the dataType-dependent converters. I suspect, that must have changed recently ...

Attachments (0)
Change History (3)

Changed March 25, 2013 02:49PM UTC by dmethvin comment:1

owner: →
status: newpending

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the jQuery project! Please provide a complete reduced test case on jsFiddle to help us assess your ticket!

Additionally, be sure to test against the "jQuery (edge)" version to ensure the issue still exists—you may need to change this to a specific version depending on the test case.

To get you started, use this boilerplate: Open the link and click to "Fork" (in the top menu) to begin.

Changed April 09, 2013 09:08AM UTC by trac-o-bot comment:2

resolution: → invalid
status: pendingclosed

Because we get so many tickets, we often need to return them to the initial reporter for more information. If that person does not reply within 14 days, the ticket will automatically be closed, and that has happened in this case. If you still are interested in pursuing this issue, feel free to add a comment with the requested information and we will be happy to reopen the ticket if it is still valid. Thanks!

Changed April 09, 2013 06:49PM UTC by anonymous comment:3

Just add a comment to documentation that behavior has changed.

I'll stay with 1.8 for now until I find time to make the necessary to my communication code.