Bug Tracker

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#13497 closed bug (notabug)

removeAttribute( jQuery.expando ); crashes ie7

Reported by: wizrd66@… Owned by: wizrd66@…
Priority: undecided Milestone: None
Component: unfiled Version: git
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

When cloning an object, one of the elements is an input box. It tries to call removeAttribute( jQuery.expando ); and this crashes the ie7 browser. This is in version 1.8.2, if we go backwards to 1.7.2 this problem goes away

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Rick Waldron

Owner: set to wizrd66@…
Status: newpending

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the jQuery project! Please provide a complete reduced test case on jsFiddle to help us assess your ticket!

Additionally, be sure to test against the "jQuery (edge)" version to ensure the issue still exists—you may need to change this to a specific version depending on the test case.

To get you started, use this boilerplate: http://jsfiddle.net/FrKyN/ Open the link and click to "Fork" (in the top menu) to begin.

Also, please read: http://blog.jquery.com/2013/01/15/jquery-1-9-final-jquery-2-0-beta-migrate-final-released/

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

Followup: With your test case please explain whether this is a problem in real honest-to-goodness IE7 or whether you are testing in a Frankenstein mode such as IE10 in IE7 Compatibility View. They are NOT the same thing.

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by anonymous

It only happens in real IE7. We tried to reproduce it in IE9 in IE7 mode and it failed to produce the error. not sure why removing the expando attribute crashes the browser.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

You forgot the test case.

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by anonymous

I am working on putting that together for you...

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by anonymous

You can close this ticket, we tracked down the issue and it was related to a recent code change. There was another issue, and in solving that issue this problem also got fixed It is odd that 1.7.2 worked and 1.8.2 didn't but anyway...

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

Resolution: notabug
Status: pendingclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.