Skip to main content

Bug Tracker

Side navigation

#12871 closed bug (invalid)

Opened November 08, 2012 11:35PM UTC

Closed December 06, 2012 09:05AM UTC

Last modified September 03, 2014 12:44AM UTC

IE7 and IE8 issues with .load() and .html()

Reported by: Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone: None
Component: unfiled Version: 1.8.2
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

IE7 and IE8 don't load some HTML, especially if invalid.

// This doesn't work sometimes

// This does consistently:
$('#example').[0].innerHTML = data;

I believe it may have to do with unrecognized attributes like "<div data-name="test"></div>".

Attachments (0)
Change History (5)

Changed November 08, 2012 11:37PM UTC by anonymous comment:1


$('#example').[0].innerHTML = data;

should be:

$('#example')[0].innerHTML = data;

Changed November 21, 2012 06:14PM UTC by dmethvin comment:2

owner: →
status: newpending

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the jQuery project! Please provide a complete reduced test case on jsFiddle to help us assess your ticket. Additionally, be sure to test against the jQuery Edge version to ensure the issue still exists. To get you started, use this boilerplate: Open the link and click to "Fork" (in the top menu) to get started.

Changed December 06, 2012 09:05AM UTC by trac-o-bot comment:3

resolution: → invalid
status: pendingclosed

Because we get so many tickets, we often need to return them to the initial reporter for more information. If that person does not reply within 14 days, the ticket will automatically be closed, and that has happened in this case. If you still are interested in pursuing this issue, feel free to add a comment with the requested information and we will be happy to reopen the ticket if it is still valid. Thanks!

Changed March 21, 2014 10:36PM UTC by anonymous comment:4

Thank you so much, in IE 8 using $('#example')[0].innerHTML = data; has worked.

Changed September 03, 2014 12:44AM UTC by rain01 comment:5

I figured out why it was working with innerHTML and not with html().

Problem wasn't because of unrecognized attributes but invalid HTML. Once I found the extra ending tag, it started working in IE8.