Bug Tracker

Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#12731 closed bug (notabug)

jQuery/$ Error

Reported by: zonyzerium@… Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone: None
Component: unfiled Version: 1.8.2
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

I've noticed a frequent problem I seem to be getting in Chrome, though not in Internet Explorer or FireFox. Sometimes using $ instead of jQuery to reference the API functions throws errors. It seems random as well because a line of code reading $.ajax will work and then two lines later jQuery.ajax will have to be used instead. Somehow the $ pointer becomes undefined in Chrome.

It is for sure not something I am doing, I've spent weeks testing and checking to validate this. Browsing for others with the same problem led me to find the use of jQuery instead of $.

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by timmywil

Resolution: notabug
Status: newclosed

Something is probably colliding with the $ variable, such as another version of jQuery, prototype, mootools, using jQuery.noConflict, or whatever it is. I suggest asking for help on our forums or in the #jquery irc channel.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.