Bug Tracker

Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#12589 closed bug (invalid)

performance degraded for IE 7/8

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: anonymous
Priority: undecided Milestone: None
Component: unfiled Version: 1.8.2
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

I got excited that 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 were targeting performance improvements for older browsers but I have found the opposite to be true. I've lost an entire second on one of my product pages.

Running IE's F12 tools, it seems certain routines are being called A LOT. RegExp.test was executed 211,705 times! Array.push was called 180,966 times!. getAttribute was called 143,161! And two anonymous functions were called over 200,000 times. I'm shocked, not sure what has changed because the worst offender on the old version was only called 69,975 times.

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by dmethvin

Owner: set to anonymous
Status: newpending

We really need a test case. It's not possible to know what the problem is with some numbers you've collected, without seeing the code that produced them.

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by trac-o-bot

Resolution: invalid
Status: pendingclosed

Because we get so many tickets, we often need to return them to the initial reporter for more information. If that person does not reply within 14 days, the ticket will automatically be closed, and that has happened in this case. If you still are interested in pursuing this issue, feel free to add a comment with the requested information and we will be happy to reopen the ticket if it is still valid. Thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.