Deprecate .load(), .unload(), and .error() methods
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:|
These are shortcut names for $().bind("load", fn) etc.
- The .load() method is an ambiguous signature, it can either be an ajax load or attach/fire a "load" event. CCAO cannot tell them apart since it's a dynamic decision based on arguments.
- If .load() is being deprecated, .unload() should be as well.
- The .error() method has never worked to attach a window.onerror event since the function signature is not the same as a standard event handler. It may also be confused with jQuery.error() which is not related.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by dmethvin
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by dmethvin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.