Deprecate "hover" pseudo-event
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:|
When the event name "hover" is used, the event subsystem converts it to "mouseenter mouseleave" in the event string. This is annoying for several reasons:
- Semantics: Hovering is not the same as the mouse entering and leaving an element, it implies some amount of deceleration or delay before firing.
- Event name: The event.type returned by the attached handler is not hover, but either mouseenter or mouseleave. No other event does this.
- Co-opting the "hover" name: It is not possible to attach an event with the name "hover" and fire it using .trigger("hover").
The docs already call this name "strongly discouraged for new code", I'd like to deprecate it officially for 1.8 and eventually remove it.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by dmethvin
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Type changed from bug to enhancement
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by dmethvin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed