Make Deferred.then == Deferred.pipe like Promise/A
|Reported by:||jaubourg||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by jaubourg)
It consists primarily in having promise.then implemented like promise.pipe.
We can keep current promise.then under a new alias (attach?) for people who would still want to add callbacks without the cost promise.pipe implies (though we have done, fail and progress for this already).
Change is breaking but only to those who used the value returned by promise.then (either by storing the object or using chaining). I think the tradeof is reasonable enough.
Change History (19)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by jaubourg
- Component changed from unfiled to deferred
- Keywords 1.8-discuss added
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
- Priority changed from undecided to low
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 13 ; follow-up: ↓ 17 Changed 5 years ago by jaubourg
comment:17 in reply to: ↑ 16 Changed 5 years ago by domenic@…
comment:18 Changed 5 years ago by dmethvin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed
- Summary changed from Make Deferred implementation truly Promise/A compliant to Make Deferred.then == Deferred.pipe like Promise/A