Receiving HTML from Ajax cuasing issues with selecting elements
|Reported by:||Owned by:|
When receiving an HTML page with ajax.
Using $( data ).find( "element" ) returns no results on the elements that are direct children of body. But works fine for all others.
I cannot control the HTML I am receiving, it will always have all basic document nodes, such as HTML, HEAD, and body. I have tested this on IE7, IE8, and Firefox 6.
As a work around I found that I can append it to the page and search it from there. Not sure if this is really a bug, but thought I would try to report it all the same.
Test Case: http://jsfiddle.net/4mPMJ/