Bug Tracker

Opened 11 years ago

Last modified 11 years ago

#10197 closed bug

Bug with mime-type application/xhtml+xml in jquery 1.6.3 — at Version 9

Reported by: [email protected] Owned by: Rick Waldron
Priority: blocker Milestone: 1.6.4
Component: support Version: 1.6.3
Keywords: Cc: jaubourg
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description (last modified by Rick Waldron)

Hi,

I seems a regression has been added in jquery 1.6.3 for content-type "application/xhtml+xml".

Most browsers (ffx, Safari, Chrome) with such error message :

uncaught exception: [Exception... "An invalid or illegal string was specified" code: "12" nsresult: "0x8053000c (NS_ERROR_DOM_SYNTAX_ERR)" location: " http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.3/jquery.js Line: 1182"]

The error does not occurs with jquery 1.6.2.

Check this page as an example :

http://vizionr.fr/index_1_6_3.xhtml -> fails with jquery 1.6.3 while http://vizionr.fr/index.xhtml -> works (same page with with jquery 1.6.2)

Cheers

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by anonymous

Both pages appear to work in Opera.

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by [email protected]

Yes, it works with opera although there is content negotiation to work with old MSIE version.

The page is served with application/xhtml+xml for Opera too and it works.

Note that I am sure the bug is related to the mime type since page : http://vizionr.fr/index_1_6_3.html works in ffx, Safari and Chrome (exactly the same page as http://vizionr.fr/index_1_6_3.xhtml but served as text/html)

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by [email protected]

This bug is a bit annoying since http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6/jquery.js is now using version 1.6.3 for 1.6 branch.

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by jaubourg

Component: unfiledsupport
Milestone: None1.next
Owner: set to Rick Waldron
Priority: undecidedblocker
Status: newassigned

It's a problem in support. Test string is not in xml anymore hence why the parser is complaining (since doc is supposed to be proper xml). Size optimization failure it seems.

I'll bring rwaldron in on this ;)

For now, Pierre, shouldn't be too much of an hassle to use 1.6.2 instead of 1.6 in that google CDN URL.

This is a blocker and could warrant a 1.6.4.

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by jaubourg

Cc: jaubourg added

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by dmethvin

This bug is a bit annoying since http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6/jquery.js is now using version 1.6.3 for 1.6 branch.

Never use a URL like that in production code. Besides the situation here where the code changes and breaks your site, that file is cached for one HOUR but the 1.6.2 is cached for one YEAR.

http://www.petefreitag.com/item/777.cfm

comment:7 Changed 11 years ago by dmethvin

Milestone: 1.next1.7

I agree this looks like we'll need 1.6.4 to fix. This is the ONE change that went in after rc1 and I didn't vet it carefully enough. Also, our unit tests don't run in XHTML mode; if we're going to support it we need to do that. I've opened a separate ticket for that issue.

comment:8 Changed 11 years ago by Rick Waldron

Description: modified (diff)

I'll resolve this by the end of today.

comment:9 Changed 11 years ago by Rick Waldron

Description: modified (diff)

Weird, it seems like links were removed from the original post when I replied from my mobile.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.