Bug Tracker

Custom Query (13852 matches)

Filters
 
Or
 
  
 
Columns

Show under each result:


Results (22 - 24 of 13852)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Ticket Resolution Summary Owner Reporter
#1286 fixed "Getting Started with jQuery" tutorial out of date schettino72
Description

I just started to use JQuery. I was folowing the tutorial "Getting Started with jQuery" and I got an error when trying to execute this example:

$(document).ready(function() {
   // use this to reset a single form
   $("#reset").click(function() {
     $("#form").reset();
   });
 });

Firebug:

$("#form").reset is not a function
[Break on this error] $("#form").reset();

I checked the API (and the code) and this event is not there. I guess it should. If not, the problem is in the tutorial.

#2174 fixed "Invalid Label" error in FF2 doing JSON AJAX request dalangalma
Description

This seems to be a bug introduced in jQuery 1.2.2, since it works in 1.2.1:

I'm making an AJAX call like: $.ajax({

dataType: "json", success: function() { ... }, error: function() { ... }, url: "http://localhost:8080/myurl"

});

Firefox responds with "Invalid Label". If I change the url to "/myurl", it works. In jQuery 1.2.1, both work.

#9553 patchwelcome "Invalid calling object" in IE9 with DivX mortenkrane
Description

This is a bug that only appears in Internet Explorer 9 with DivX extensions installed and enabled. So its up for debate whether this is actually a jQuery bug or not, since its quite clearly a consequence of something the DivX extension does, but I found that everything stopped working for IE9 users until I made a rather nasty and specific workaround (see my comment here: http://forum.jquery.com/topic/internet-explorer-9-jquery-and-divx#14737000002443139).

(Also, I am surprised that the above forum post is the only other reference to this situation I can find, but that may of course be due to my searching skills.)

The bug seems to appear after the DivX plugin downloads some resource (and presumably does something in the DOM). After this happens I cannot append anything to the body element. In the Developer Toolbar console I get the error message "Invalid calling object".

I could not reproduce this in jsFiddle, but loading the code below into IE9 with DivX yields the error message every time for me.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head><title>jQuery test</title></head>

    <body>
        <h1>Testing jQuery bug</h1>

        <script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.6.1.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function() {
            var b = $("body");
            var s1 = "<span>Now it works</span>";
            var s2 = "<span>Now it doesn't</span>"
            b.append(s1);
            // Giving the DivX extension time to set up
            setTimeout(function() { b.append(s2);  }, 2000);
        });
        </script>
    </body>
</html>

Also, using the console to append elements to the body yields the same error message.

I can append to any other element in the page, its only the body that fails. When disabling the DivX extension and restarting IE, everything works as expected. Setting the browser in IE8 document mode also seems to solve the problem.

I have reproduced this with jQuery 1.6.1, 1.5.1 and 1.5.2.

Again, I apologize if this is outside of jQuery's realm.

Morten

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Note: See TracQuery for help on using queries.