Ticket #9889 (closed enhancement: wontfix)
Use Web Workers for AJAX requests
|Reported by:||andrearo@…||Owned by:|
Would it be possible to use HTML5 Web Workers to improve the performance of AJAX requests in jQuery?
It seems that Web Workers have access to the XMLHttpRequest object. Running AJAX requests, waiting for a response, and parsing the resulting JSON, in a separate thread will surely improve performance.
It would be nice if jQuery offered Web Worker-enabled AJAX requests as a feature included in jQuery by default.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Version changed from git to 1.6.2
- Component changed from unfiled to ajax
- Milestone changed from None to 1.next
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix