Ticket #9804 (closed enhancement: worksforme)
.attr() takes only lowercase attribute names (in IE)
|Reported by:||gulgil||Owned by:||gulgil|
By a random accident I put in "ID" (uppercase) as an attribute name and apparently IE8 and IE9 won't accept that. FF and Crome have no problem... Attributes should be case-insensitive, thou it is recommended to use lowercase by W3.
Example can be seen here: http://demo.athena-cms.dk/jqueryAttrTest.html
In short it is these 2 lines that fails div.attr("ID", "testID1") alert($(this).attr("ID"))
In IE you will get an empty value. Change "ID" to "id" and it works.
I propose a toLowerCase function to always be used on attribute names. At least in IE browsers...
- Owner set to gulgil
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to pending
- Component changed from unfiled to attributes
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme