Ticket #9799 (closed enhancement: invalid)
"/a" in jQuery.support causing 404's.
|Reported by:||simonkurtz@…||Owned by:||simonkurtz@…|
If I understand correctly, jQuery.support checks for hrefNormalized (line 1174) to ensure what is placed in an a-tag's href attribute is also what is retrieved. I understand that IE may alter that to return a full URL rather than just the href attrib in itself.
It appears that somehow requests are made to this as we see 404s to "www.foo.com/a". If this "link" simply exists to check for hrefNormalized, would it make sense to add a 'rel="nofollow"' in the a-tag? I may not understand the situation entirely, but that seemed plausible to me.
Many thanks for a reply.
- Owner set to simonkurtz@…
- Status changed from new to pending
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Component changed from unfiled to support
- Milestone changed from None to 1.next