Ticket #9628 (assigned bug)
width(), height(), etc. shouldn't round
|Reported by:||john||Owned by:||mikesherov|
Right now we're rounding off the answers from width(), height(), etc. to the nearest pixel - this makes it hard to do good positioning of elements (especially for animations). For example if you have 3 items that are width 33% inside of a 100px element we're returning 33px for each element. Theoretically an animation method might be able to return a more interesting result if they know that there are extra fractional-numbers getting rounded off.
I got a report on this directly from Mozilla but I agree with them that this particular change makes it hard to get to good numbers.
See also: #3239.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Component changed from unfiled to css
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Owner set to mikesherov
- Status changed from reopened to assigned
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.9