Ticket #8815 (closed bug: invalid)
jQuery's html() function removes tabs in IE 8 when it shouldn't
|Reported by:||tim@…||Owned by:|
See jsFiddle here:
Notice that in setting the HTML of somediv using the html() function, there are four tabs. In the latest Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, these tabs remain: i.e, there is a tab character at the beginning of each line. However, in Internet Explorer 8, all tab characters following the first are removed.
Note that I'm setting the HTML from the server that has characters saved in the data. This is for a contenteditable div used for rich text editing within my application.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to manipulation
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to invalid