Ticket #8668 (closed enhancement: patchwelcome)
Make click and dblclick events work properly with any browser when they both have a handler for the same element
|Reported by:||cfreed@…||Owned by:||cfreed@…|
Description (last modified by rwaldron) (diff)
Having an application where both click and dblclick event were expected on the same element, I realized that it worked or not, depending on which browser I used.
So I looked for information, and I successively found 2 contradictory advices in jQuery documentation!
- in dblclick() page is advised not to use the 2 events on the same element
- in bind() page is presented an example of this double use
I then investigated, and I seem having understood where the problem lies, and found a simple method to get it working always properly.
So I think that jQuery could integrate the involved mechanism to automatically apply it as soon as a it sees that the 2 events are bound on the same element.
Please look at for all details on how I understand the problem and how I get around it.
Thanks for your attention
- Owner set to cfreed@…
- Status changed from new to pending
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords needsdocs added
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to patchwelcome