Ticket #8528 (closed bug: invalid)
IE9 throws "Access denied" when deleting an iframe that had previously made $.ajax calls
|Reported by:||ben@…||Owned by:||danheberden|
You have a page that includes an iframe. That iframe makes $.ajax calls, and then is removed from the page from the parent. IE9 will throw the following error:
SCRIPT5: Access is denied.
I've debugged this a bit, and it's caused by the window unload event bound by xhrOnUnloadAbort(). When the iframe is removed from the page, the unload event is triggered, but IE9 passes an event object with "Access denied" for nearly every property, and jQuery chokes when it encounters it.
Even though this is an "Access denied" error, it doesn't seem to matter whether the iframe is hosted on another domain or not.
- Keywords needsreview added
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to ajax
- Owner set to danheberden
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.5.2
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to invalid