Ticket #8165 (closed bug: fixed)
.live('click', handler) fires on disabled buttons with child elements in Chrome
|Reported by:||ms7821||Owned by:||dmethvin|
It's possible to receive events for a disabled <button> element as well as <input type="button">:
IE fires click for all of them, passing the button as the target and currentTarget. This was fixed in jQuery 1.5 in http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/6911.
Chrome fires only for the <button> with a child element, passing that as the target. However, currentTarget is set to the button, so changing target.disabled to currentTarget.disabled should extend the fix to include Chrome.
See also the first comment on http://forum.jquery.com/topic/live-inconsistency-with-disabled-buttons.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Cc danheberden added
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.5.1
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Milestone 1.5.1 deleted
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from reopened to assigned
- Milestone set to 1.7.2