Ticket #8163 (closed bug: duplicate)
Selecting "text" inputs that don't have the "text" attribute explicitly set gives mixed results
|Reported by:||patrickwhalen||Owned by:|
Given this HTML:
<input> <!-- W3C standards default is text --> <br> <input type="text"> <!-- explicit text -->
...does not select the <input> that does not have its "text" attribute set explicitly.
But this selector (with the :input pseudo selector) does select it:
Tested in Chrome 9 beta on Mac, and Firefox 3.6 on Mac.
Test Case: http://jsfiddle.net/eMENG/1/
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to selector
- Blocked by 8039 added
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.5.1
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate