Ticket #8101 (closed enhancement: fixed)
use requestAnimationFrame instead of setInterval for animations, when available
|Reported by:||lrbabe||Owned by:||timmywil|
requestAnimationFrame is a mechanism meant to tell the browser that you wish to perform an animation; this requests that the browser schedule a repaint of the window for the next animation frame.
Full description here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.mozRequestAnimationFrame
- let the browser choose the best 'animation tick' rate (instead of our arbitrary 13ms)
- greatly reduce animation CPU usage when switching tab
- helps keep animation synchronized
Currently supported in Firefox, chromium and Chrome dev channel.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Type changed from bug to enhancement
- Component changed from unfiled to effects
- Owner set to jaubourg
- Priority changed from low to blocker
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Milestone set to 1.6