Ticket #7941 (closed bug: worksforme)
setting .val('') for an input type="hidden" makes it inaccessible in future calls.
|Reported by:||dwhalen@…||Owned by:|
If I set the value of an input type="hidden" using $("#id").val() then future attempts to set val() fail.
This is verified by using FireBug/FireFox v3.6.
Steps to reproduce:
1) create a simple form with an input type="hidden" in it.
2) using the jQuery selector by id, set the hidden field's value using .val()
3) at any later time try to set the hidden field's value using .val('anything'). The value will not be seen in firebug, and a call to .val() returns .
- Owner set to dwhalen@…
- Status changed from new to pending
- Component changed from unfiled to attributes
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme