Ticket #7442 (closed bug: patchwelcome)
slideDown/slideUp "jump" when surrounding elements are margin collapsing
|Reported by:||matteosistisette||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by timmywil) (diff)
Whenever you use slideDown("slow") on any object, the animation, instead of being smooth, starts with a little jump. With slideUp, the movement starts smoothly, but it ends with a little jump.
This is not a discontinuity in speed or acceleration, this is a discontinuity in the position, so no matter what the speed curve is supposed to be (accelerating, decelerating, ease in, ease out, no ease, uniform speed, whatever) it is plainly wrong.
I'm testing on Mozilla Firefox, it may work properly in other browsers.
You can try it with any minimal test that uses slideUp and slideDown; see for example http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials:Live_Examples_of_jQuery and click on the "slide in" and "slide out" buttons in "example B"
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by snover
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to effects
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Version changed from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4rc
- Milestone 1.5 deleted
- Keywords needsreview added
comment:24 Changed 12 months ago by gnarf
- Summary changed from slideDown and slideUp "jump" at the beginning and end (respectively) to slideDown/slideUp "jump" when surrounding elements define margin
comment:25 Changed 11 months ago by mikesherov
comment:27 Changed 11 months ago by mikesherov
- Summary changed from slideDown/slideUp "jump" when surrounding elements define margin to slideDown/slideUp "jump" when surrounding elements are margin collapsing
comment:28 Changed 10 months ago by dmethvin
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to patchwelcome