Bug Tracker

Modify

Ticket #7402 (closed bug: invalid)

Opened 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

In IE --> $.ajax shows textStatus=parsererror and TypeError: Object required

Reported by: ux.prem@… Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone: 1.5
Component: unfiled Version: 1.4.3
Keywords: Cc:
Blocking: Blocked by:

Description

hi, tried to use the following code. This works fine with Firefox and i tried few examples available in the net that uses /ajax call and found the same error with IE. Please help me in fixing this.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by snover

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to invalid

The bug tracker is not a support forum. Please use the  jQuery Forum for support requests.

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by anonymous

I honestly think you should look at this. Just because the person wrote "please help me in fixing this" doesn't mean they are asking for support. Maybe their grasp of English is not that good. I think the point is that they are asserting there is a bug in jQuery.

comment:3 follow-up: ↓ 4 Changed 3 years ago by ajpiano

@Anonymous

The OP didn't even actually provide any code to even look at. Your sense of justice is admirable, but we all know that bugs exist in jQuery. This tracker exists to track the existence and progress of specific issues, not nebulous, "I tried the demo code but it doesn't work" type of problems that may just as easily be user error. If the OP had any interest in this issue after it was closed, he would have responded at some point in the 5 weeks since.

Last edited 3 years ago by ajpiano (previous) (diff)

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 3 years ago by prem_cpr

Replying to ajpiano:

Hi,

I am sorry that I haven't noticed that my code did not get attached with this ticket. Actually I tried to get a xml file using ajax method in jquery. It worked fine in firefox and in IE it showed "TEXTSTATUS=PARSERERROR AND TYPEERROR: OBJECT REQUIRED". So i posted this to get some help. May be posted in a wrong place (should be some where else, since I am new here I was not aware. Please let me know where I have to post this kind of help request). Anyway I solved this problem by giving this conditional statement for data type, "dataType :($.browser.msie) ? "text" : "xml", ". This solved the problem and now it is working in all the browsers. May be I am poor in English, but like jquery much and need your support for ever.

Thanks for the time spent for this. -Prem C

@Anonymous

The OP didn't even actually provide any code to even look at. Your sense of justice is admirable, but we all know that bugs exist in jQuery. This tracker exists to track the existence and progress of specific issues, not nebulous, "I tried the demo code but it doesn't work" type of problems that may just as easily be user error. If the OP had any interest in this issue after it was closed, he would have responded at some point in the 5 weeks since.

Last edited 3 years ago by prem_cpr (previous) (diff)

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by anonymous

WORK AROUND FOR THIS BUG

Changed Header of the feed to

Content-Type: application/xml

To create the above error in IE8 set content type header to

Content-type: application/rss+xml;

This is a bug not support issue; see proper rss contentTypes  http://www.petefreitag.com/item/381.cfm

Please follow the  bug reporting guidlines and use  jsFiddle when providing test cases and demonstrations instead of pasting the code in the ticket.

View

Add a comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.