Ticket #7338 (closed enhancement: duplicate)
remove() with lots of elements inside has gotten significantly slower across all browsers in 1.4.3- very bad in IE 8
|Reported by:||brad@…||Owned by:|
Starting with jQuery 1.4.3 I have noticed that .remove() on IE8 has become very slow. Its also slower than 1.4.2 on other browsers but isn't as noticeable.
I have created a test in jsfiddle that adds 10,000 divs and then removes the parent using 1.4.2 and 1.4.3.
On a Quad Core PC (8GB Ram) with IE8 I see if taking 111ms using 1.4.2 and 200ms using 1.4.3.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to manipulation
- Type changed from bug to enhancement
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate