Ticket #7278 (closed bug: cantfix)
Error preventing delayed special events in IE
|Reported by:||scott.gonzalez||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by scott.gonzalez) (diff)
We ran into a problem using the hoverintent special event with accordions in jQuery UI. I've narrowed down the problem to calling event.preventDefault() when the special event is triggered through a timeout from a native event. For some reason IE won't let you set event.returnValue inside event.preventDefault().
The only solution I've been able to find is wrapping the e.returnValue = false in a try/catch inside jQuery.Event.prototype.preventDefault().
full demo: http://jqueryui.com/demos/accordion/hoverintent.html
reduced test case: http://jsfiddle.net/GSD84/1/
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords special events added
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from new to open
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to cantfix