Ticket #7236 (closed bug: fixed)
Sizzle.contains - compareDocumentPosition throws on older/lamer browsers
|Reported by:||bradrees||Owned by:||bradrees|
in version 1.4.3 there are two usages of compareDocumentPosition, the first on line 4400 is checked for support, however the second usage on line 4840 is not. On a browser that does not have this function it will throw when querying.
The function is 'Sizzle.contains', and when the browser does not have support for the function 'documentElement.contains' it drops to using 'compareDocumentPosition' without checking if that function exists. This was not a problem with 1.4.2.
I can repo this using the Samsung Internet@TV browser. I know it is a bit of an odd browser, but presumably a number of other older browsers will also exhibit this behaviour.
- Owner set to bradrees
- Status changed from new to pending
- Keywords regression added
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to selector
- Milestone changed from 1.5 to 1.4.4