Ticket #6386 (closed enhancement: fixed)
support data argument for live events via "event.special.live.add"
|Reported by:||mike.helgeson||Owned by:||dmethvin|
Description (last modified by dmethvin) (diff)
I am attempting to support "live" events in a custom special event, and the data object passed in the "bind" method gets passed into my special event "setup" function. This allows accepting that argument as options. This does not work with the "live" method. The "data" property is correctly set in the "live" handler "event" object, but not passed into my special event "setup" function.
It is a very small change indeed. On line 2029 of jQuery 1.4.2,in the "jQuery.event.special.live.add" function, simply add the "handleObj.data" property as the fourth argument to "jQuery.event.add". Alternatively, this could be handled within the "jQuery.event.add" method.
As a side note. I think the "liveHandler" and "liveConvert" methods, which are currently private, should be moved to the "jQuery.event.special.live" object. This would allow plugins to leverage more of the "live" features for development. I would also be able to patch the previously mentioned issue within my special event plugin, but I cannot because "liveHandler" is private.
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from "event.special.live.add" does not pass data argument to "event.add" to support data argument for live events via "event.special.live.add"
- Priority set to low
- Version changed from 1.4.2 to 1.4.4
- Milestone set to 1.5
- Type changed from bug to enhancement
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by dmethvin
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.7