Ticket #5520 (closed bug: duplicate)
Incorrect offset values in IE8 under box-sizing: border-box model
|Reported by:||whale||Owned by:|
When using IE8 in strict mode, but selecting the box-sizing: border-box model (CSS3) for all elements, jQuery reports the offset (Top, Left) values for elements on the page not as relative to the document, but relative to the window.
As soon as a page is scrolled down, incorrect values are reported causing even negative offsets for the offsetParent when elements are scrolled out of view. Under FF 3.5 everything works under both box-sizing models.
See the file attached for a clear demonstration of this bug. When hovering over the input field, the offset + offsetParent offset values are reported of that input field. When scrolling this page down under IE8, incorrect offset values appear.
This bug destroys the correct placement of components like date/time pickers, virtually rendering the box-sizing: border-box model useless, which is a pity.
A fix is greatly appreciated as I would hate to go back to the less convenient box-sizing: content-box model.
- Priority changed from major to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Version changed from 1.3.2 to 1.4.4
- Milestone changed from 1.4 to 1.4.5
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.7
comment:15 Changed 2 years ago by dmethvin
- Owner dmethvin deleted
- Status changed from assigned to open
comment:16 Changed 2 years ago by mikesherov
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate