Ticket #5482 (closed bug: duplicate)
Sizzle pseudo-selectors blow up with nested brackets
|Reported by:||jakkob||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||find crash bracket parenthesis has contains||Cc:|
Using a bracket ')' in the contains filter crashes firefox.
Escaping the bracket by '
' or by '\' does not work, either. Neither the bracing or omitting of "" around the contains expression helps.
To test this, I copied the souce from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana to my server and addded following to the header.
var exp = ':contains("fleshy edible inner portion
var pos = $('body').find(exp);
console.log(pos); }) </script>
It will always reproduce the error, which according to my browser in in line 1585 of jquery-1.3.2
The current nightly crashes exactly the same.
A solution would be greatly appreciated! thx
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from -find(':contains("something with bracket )" ')- crashes firefox 3.5.3 to pseudo-selector matching for close brackets is wrong
- Priority changed from major to high
- Version changed from 1.3.2 to 1.4.4
- Keywords parenthesis has contains added
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from reopened to open
- Summary changed from pseudo-selector matching for close brackets is wrong to Sizzle pseudo-selectors blow up with nested brackets
comment:14 Changed 2 years ago by dmethvin
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate