Ticket #5394 (closed bug: duplicate)
Discrepancy of $(...).val(missing_option) bevahiour between IE, FF and Safari
|Reported by:||olksy||Owned by:||olksy|
This ticket is about SELECT control behavior.
missing_option is option that is not in SELECT's option list.
In FF, IE $( select ).val( missing_option ) will not change the selection.
In Safari that will cause selecting non-existent blank option. Then, if I as user select any existing option back, blank option goes away.
I have no idea, which behavior is preferred. But it would be nice to have consistency.
Safari is 4.0.3
- Priority changed from minor to low
- Status changed from open to closed
- Version changed from 1.3.2 to 1.5.2
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Type changed from enhancement to bug