Ticket #4807 (closed bug: fixed)
Offline $.ajax call in IE$ get response as String
|Reported by:||ikkyu||Owned by:|
description: Offline ajax call to an offline local html or xml file get response as String, not xml document, and cannot be use with selectors.
- write ajax call to an offline local html/xml file.
- execute the html/script locally (not via server) in IE6
- The response data type is a String. A selector cannot be applied to the data.
- If specified dataType:"xml", it will call error function. But the response text is the same data string.
I search the Internet and found a website that describe exactly the same problem with a workaround.
- Priority changed from major to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Milestone 1.4 deleted
- Keywords offline,ajax,IE,xml,ajaxrewrite added; offline ajax IE xml removed
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Keywords offline,ajax,IE,xml added; offline,ajax,IE,xml,ajaxrewrite removed
- Version changed from 1.3.2 to 1.4.4
- Milestone set to 1.5