Ticket #4666 (closed bug: worksforme)
height() is incorrectly computed
|Reported by:||nachokb||Owned by:||brandon|
|Keywords:||animation jump height dimensions||Cc:||nachokb@…|
I have a case in which .height() is being incorrectly computed, so a slide animation jumps.
The particular conditions in which this is reproduced involves a div with a few input & label elements, having the input be floated left... I attach an example (I tried to strip it to the bare minimum). I also attach a screencast with the bug explained...
I tried to debug jQuery but couldn't (Firebug died on me)
Steps to reproduce:
- unrar the attached example, "height-bug.html"
- click the link "height" while having a firebug console open. Notice the height is correct.
- click on "Gender" to collapse it. Clicke in "height" again. Notice the height is incorrect.
- click on "Gender" to expand it. Notice the animation jump.
- (optional) with Firebug, try to disable "float: left" on the <input type="radio"/>. Notice that the real height now is somewhat close to the one incorrectly reported before...
- (optional) watch my screencast...
- To return the same height() whether it's visible or not.
- To return the proper height() when it's not visible.
- To not make the animation jump.
- Priority changed from major to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Milestone set to 1.5