Ticket #4556 (closed bug: duplicate)
keypress + escape + event key code + Firefox
|Reported by:||nanodeath||Owned by:||brandon|
|Keywords:||esc keypress which||Cc:|
I want to capture when the user hits "Esc" on a input text field on keypress, but this event gets propagated with the "which" value 0 on Firefox (0 is the charCode, 27 is the keyCode). keyup and keydown have their values propagated correctly.
Expected: pressing Esc should propagate 27 as value for event.which. Actual: pressing Esc propagates 0 as value (in Firefox 3).
Note: this behavior is also present in jQuery 1.2.6.
- Keywords esc keypress which added
- Priority changed from minor to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Milestone changed from 1.4 to 1.5
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate