Ticket #4251 (closed bug: fixed)
Use new when constructing RegExps and named functions instead of arguments.callee
|Reported by:||metaweta||Owned by:||brandon|
ECMAScript 3.1 strict mode will prohibit the use of arguments.callee. Recursive anonymous functions will need to be named and invoked by name. As long as this happens within a closure, as is the case with support.js, this won't pollute the global namespace on IE.
Also, in order to make jQuery work with Caja, constructors must be invoked with new, not called directly.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Component changed from unfilled to core
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Owner set to brandon
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Component changed from core to event