Bug Tracker

Ticket #3896 (closed bug: fixed)

Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

Content type application/xhtml+xml in Firefox broken in FF 3

Reported by: dark_ixion Owned by: john
Priority: major Milestone: 1.3.1
Component: selector Version: 1.3
Keywords: Cc:
Blocking: Blocked by:

Description

Previously, when using jQuery 1.2.6, I used a selector called a#download_formats_link to capture a click event.

The exact syntax is:

$("a#download_formats_link").click(function (e) {

$("dl#download_formats").toggle('slow');

});

This no longer works in jQuery 1.3, at least in Firefox 3.1.5. Changing the javascript include to 1.2.6 makes it work again.

View this page for the actual scenario (click on the "Download formats explained" link:  http://killingcupid.avengedsevenfold.co.uk/music/

Attachments

test-3896.html Download (322 bytes) - added by dmethvin 6 years ago.
test case that works for me

Change History

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by dark_ixion

I should add that I replaced the body of the function with a simple alert("hello"); so it can't be the toggle causing the problem.

Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

test case that works for me

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to worksforme

This seems to be working fine for me. Please reopen if you can create a test case that demonstrates the problem.

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by balazs.endresz

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution worksforme deleted

I tried this on the site in the description and it does fail. Without the tag $("#download_formats_link") it works fine.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by balazs.endresz

The problem is that the isXML function returns false but this IS an xml document so the nodeName property isn't all-caps:

´$("#download_formats_link")[0].nodeName == 'a'´

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

  • Owner set to john
  • Status changed from reopened to new

Thanks balazs! The link was dead last night so I couldn't get to that page. Sounds like you pegged the problem.

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by dark_ixion

I filed another bug report about an hour ago with the specific problem rather than my misleading claim. See  http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/3900

Please close this ticket.

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

  • Summary changed from ID selector (#) no longer working in jQuery 1.3 to Content type application/xhtml+xml in Firefox broken in FF 3

I just closed #3900 as a dup, but since it's linked from here it won't be lost. I'll edit the topic name for clarity. Thanks for the clarification and test cases!

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by w0lf42

I have another test case.

If I use 'body a' it won't work, but if I use 'a', it works. Working with version 1.2.6:  http://markschamel.com/1.2.6.bug.test.php

Not working with version 1.3:  http://markschamel.com/1.3.bug.test.php

comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by john

  • Component changed from unfilled to selector
  • Milestone changed from 1.3 to 1.3.1

This is also a duplicate of #3851. I'll leave this one open as there are more test cases here.

comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by john

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Fixed in SVN rev [6129].

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.