Ticket #3169 (closed bug: duplicate)
Browser Detection is incorrect
|Reported by:||chrisbarr||Owned by:||flesler|
I was trying to make some IE7 specific code and I soon realized that IE7 is incorrectly reported as version 6.0 in JQuery. Open up IE7 and head to http://docs.jquery.com/Utilities/jQuery.browser and then head to another JS based test like http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html and you will see that it's being reported differently.
On the same note, I'm also running Firefox 3 and It's being reported as version 184.108.40.206 by JQuery.
- need changed from Review to Test Case
- Priority changed from major to minor
- Component changed from site to core
- Owner set to flesler
- Priority changed from minor to major
- Status changed from new to assigned