Ticket #12024 (closed bug: duplicate)
Certain attributes should be treated as case-insensitive when comparing them in Sizzle
|Reported by:||ClarkeyBoy1987||Owned by:||timmywil|
Please see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11316015/bug-in-jquery-not-selector, https://forum.jquery.com/topic/not-selector-not-working-as-expected and the http://jsfiddle.net/n8zDu/10/. Everything we've found is documented on SO or the jQuery forum.
Long story short, it seems that when using the :not selector with multiple selectors inside it and at least one other selector before it, the wrong number of elements is returned.
Example broken selector:
$("input[type=text][id], select[id]:not(#bob, #fred)");
Example working selector:
$("input[type=text][id], select[id]").not("#bob, #fred");
The JS fiddle contains multiple text inputs and selects and the results of this selector using :not and .not are output in the console. This issue first arose in 1.5.2.
Note that the docs do suggest that this selector should work.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unfiled to selector
- Summary changed from :not selector doesn't work within certain combinations of selectors to Certain attributes should be treated as case-insensitive when comparing them in Sizzle
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
- Owner set to timmywil
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate