Ticket #11734 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Deprecate Boolean attrHooks such as checked, selected
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:||dmethvin|
In jQuery 1.6.1 we put in some hooks to continue the queasy automagical relationship between certain attributes and properties that pre-1.6 versions of jQuery used.
We should deprecate the special hooks that allow things like .attr("checked", true) and continue the education that .prop("checked", true) is the correct method.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to attributes
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Keywords needsdocs added
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed