Ticket #11717 (closed bug: fixed)
Deprecate ajax "global" event behavior
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:||dmethvin|
Currently the ajax events are "global" events in that they will fire on any element, e.g., $(".anything").ajaxStart(fn). The element doesn't even need to be attached to the DOM! This requires us to do some expensive bookkeeping and special-case code.
As of jQuery 1.8, the docs should encourage users to attach ajax events only to document. In 1.9 we can have them only fire on document, with a plugin for backcompat.
- Priority changed from undecided to blocker
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Keywords needsdocs added
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed