Ticket #11010 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Make Deferred.then == Deferred.pipe like Promise/A
|Reported by:||jaubourg||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by jaubourg) (diff)
It consists primarily in having promise.then implemented like promise.pipe.
We can keep current promise.then under a new alias (attach?) for people who would still want to add callbacks without the cost promise.pipe implies (though we have done, fail and progress for this already).
Change is breaking but only to those who used the value returned by promise.then (either by storing the object or using chaining). I think the tradeof is reasonable enough.
- Keywords 1.8-discuss added
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Component changed from unfiled to deferred
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 13 ; follow-up: ↓ 17 Changed 23 months ago by jaubourg
comment:17 in reply to: ↑ 16 Changed 23 months ago by domenic@…
comment:18 Changed 21 months ago by dmethvin
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Summary changed from Make Deferred implementation truly Promise/A compliant to Make Deferred.then == Deferred.pipe like Promise/A