Ticket #10823 (closed bug: duplicate)
inconsistent results when using [value=blah]
|Reported by:||AlistairB||Owned by:|
There are some inconsistencies when using [value=blah] in selectors (jQuery all versions apparently up to 1.7.1rc1) which works the same across all browsers I have tested.
This highlights all the issues I have found. It is written with the expectation that value will match or not match depending what has actually been entered into the textbox (not sure if it is actually supposed to work like this).
Specifically concerning points are:
- :text[value=blah] vs input[value=blah]
- textboxes that start with an empty attr of value vs textboxes that start with no value attr.
- Owner set to AlistairB
- Status changed from new to pending
- Owner AlistairB deleted
- Status changed from pending to new
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate