Ticket #10467 (closed feature: wontfix)
Deferreds should always resolve asynchronously
|Reported by:||scott.gonzalez||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by rwaldron) (diff)
Deferreds should always be resolved asynchronously. Any abstraction that deals with a potentially async operation should always act asynchronously. The current implementation prevents users from writing code that takes advantage of async behavior and can cause bugs in bad code that is written against an initially synchronous implementation that later becomes asynchronous.
This also has the (positive) side effect of cached XHR requests in IE being resolved asynchronously.
- Component changed from unfiled to deferred
- Summary changed from Deferreds should should always resolve asynchronously to Deferreds should always resolve asynchronously
- Keywords 1.8-discuss added
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Blocked by 11013 added
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8